Friday, November 21, 2008

Sleeping patterns

A few weeks ago Anisa, Leily and I attended a once in lifetime conference in Johanebsurg.

It was the first time we travelled with Leily and the experience wasn’t bad at all.

At the conference at the back of the conference hall, all the parents with infants created an “infant ground” no one without infants was allowed :)

On the morning of the second (and last) day of the conference the first question everyone asked was “did you get any sleep”.

It was at that moment that I realized how important and how much of a challenge it is to make your baby sleep through the night.

Leily has been sleeping through the night since she was 3 months old. How? Gina Ford and The Little Contented Baby Book.

I want to make clear that I’m not getting any money for promoting this book and the author (which im sure doesn’t even know I exist).

I recommend you go to the nearest book store (CNA or Exclusives for SA) and flip through the pages.

Is a little “hard” and “strict” but we took it as a guideline and it worked like a charm.

I won’t give a short version of the book in this post, but the main point, which in theory results in your baby sleeping through the night, is that you need to have your baby on a routine.

This would also considerably decrease the chance of your baby getting colic.

I recommend it... 

No comments:

Post a Comment